A basic homemade whip cream recipe that makes the cake! Whip cream is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients and done in 5 minutes.
This easy homemade whip cream is so good you won’t ever go back to store bought! I make a batch almost every week since I use it in my daily americano instead of creamer. It is what I look forward to when I wake up.
Another awesome thing about this recipe is homemade whip cream is also really fun to experiment with.
Check out these fun homemade whip cream recipe ideas:
- heavy whipping cream – I have been using heavy whipping cream vs whipping cream. I like the texture and flavor better! I tried to use coconut milk and it sadly clogged the canister.
- sugar– I use powdered sugar but maple syrup and honey can also work for a little different flavor.
- add-ins– My favorite is Tahitian vanilla extract. It goes with my coffee and every dessert!
- Rum or Bourbon – Replace vanilla extract
- Maple Syrup – Replace the sugar
- Cinnamon – start with a sprinkle
- Cocoa or Chocolate Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Almond, Coconut, Butterscotch, Lemon or Orange Extract – Replace vanilla extract
How does a whip cream canister work?
Cream whippers work by using small chargers filled with compressed nitrous oxide to aerate the liquid of your choice, and force it through a nozzle at the top. The chargers of nitrous oxide are small metal cartridges that need to be slipped into the sleeve of the canister. The sleeve is then carefully screwed into the side of the canister until the gas is released. When the trigger or lever is pressed in, the compressed gas mixes with the liquid to produce a foam.
Recipes to add whip cream to:
Pies, Crisps, Cakes, Cupcakes: My favorite is Peach Crisp